Is your electric bill getting too lengthy? Is it worrying you? There are many ways by which you can actually lower the cost of electricity consumption in your office and home. You can follow some of the ways that we have mentioned below which will help you to reduce consumption of electricity.
- The first thing you can do is to switch off the equipment when they are not in use. It is a general tendency that we tend to forget to switch off lights and fans after we have finished our work in the room. Try not to do this and while leaving the rooms switch off the devices. Even when you are in the kitchen, or drawing-room try to switch off the devices like toasters, microwaves, or TV from the wall plug. This will reduce 20% or more of the consumption.
- If you are using geysers for your bathing purposes then the lower its temperature to 60 degree Celsius. If the pipes and geysers are well insulated the consumption will be even lower than before.
- Insulating all the devices is a key reason. If your geyser gets too warm them that means the geyser blanket maximizes the heat retention. Insulation to these devices can cut energy consumption that is lost to heat.
- You can also cut the cost by installing efficient lighting systems. Nowadays, a number of lighting have inbuilt power saving moods. Lights like LED and CFL gives a lot more light at the minimum consumption of energy. They use at least 75% less of the power that the incandescent bulbs.
- Another way that is new to the market is using solar cells. The solar cell charges itself by the sun’s heat and converts to electrical energy. We all know that the Sun’s energy is an alternative source of energy. Thus using it helps to conserve the non-renewable sources of energy. Many offices and educational institutions have already installed the solar cells and are using them to reduce their electric consumption.
- The last but not the least way to reduce electricity consumption is by using power saving devices. Power saving devices, as the name suggests helps to save electricity. They lower the electric cost by 25% owing to the uses when connected to the main circuit. They also reduce the power surge and hence help the appliances to perform better and for longer periods of time.
Therefore, if you follow the above ways, I am sure you can reduce the power consumption and be a bit tension free for a while.
Amit Saha is a famous author who writes certain articles on ways to save electric consumption. He suggests that one should power saving products for getting better effects and low electric bills.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Amit_Ani_Saha/1969838
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9499036